Monday, June 18, 2012

To Be Or Not


Today I made to get out before a rain, that may now not come...
But in the process I knocked a drinking glass off the bench which shattered quite well...
So I cleaned that up and the kitchen floor got a vacuum, bonus!

Back in the day a broken glass was simply that a broken glass, pain in the arse!
But these days after many a sordid year and intensive soul searching a broken glass it is just not...

But because I now think this way, I expect stuff to happen...
When maybe it is simply stuff that hasn't happened or maybe, just maybe, the glass just fell off the bench...

This little incident made me think, 'Am I being slowed down for some reason?
So when I go out I am naturally more aware of what is in my space;

The group of three aged ones, the man shuffling behind the ladies with a plastic in hand and a lap dog on a lead...
The fact that when I went to cross the road the way was clear by sides...
The two beautiful black labs with white star patches on their chests and an owner that let one say hello but not stop for cuddles...
The deep metallic blue Mustang that roared by and then the starling that flew over head to the church copse...
The couple who passed me engrossed in each other and clearly special needs.
The many maori who were out and about all returned a greeting of morning, not kia ora or ata marie...
I noticed the people I could and couldn't say morning to, also who I could keep eye contact with and couldn't, even who got a smile and didn't.
I came up with no real answers as to how I discriminated, but felt a little fear and disappointment in myself..
Through the shopping area I walked, a few people around, a woman in jacket and a just above knee double skirt with a severe split at the back, no stockings, she looked fashionable cold.
The kids at the village school out playing screaming laughing and having fun, an adult in high vis in the mix, made me pang for my job my kids, but also made me feel happy in remembrance.
Lots of traffic, a little of chatter people at cafes, exiting shops, bus stops and atm machines...
A toddler made myself and another's heart jump as he reached under the front of a his mum's parked car to pick up the soft toy he had dropped, she calmly called him, she hadn't seen what had alarmed us.
The air crisp, chilling, thrilling and revitalising...
At the library I put my books in the returns box before entering and this beaut of an Alsatian lay on the path in the corner I spoke to him but didn't approach, even though he didn't seem to bothered by me...
Walking into the library engulf by a comfortable warmth it felt so good...
I heard mothers talking to children, setting up lunch dates with acquaintances I found books for Cullen that I knew I would have to force him to read...
I maneuvered around people lurking waiting for others issued my books...
I left the library then at that moment decided to go to this Indian Shop to purchase my milk and a couple of potatoes, I bought milk and a kumara instead...
The young guy remembered and it was a nice exchange, I do wonder if they feel betrayed when you stop going there for months, just because they are out of the way...
I left there and retraced my steps stopping at the Second Hand Shop with the 20c box of books...
I bought; The Music Of Chance by Paul Auster, 'contemporary fiction at its most thrilling' is one comment.
Earth Search - James Follett, the BBC Serial MushroomFM Escape is playing at the moment...
The Empire Strikes Back - Donald F. Glut, based on a story by George Lucas...
Overshoot - Mona Clee, A after end of days novel based in 2032 world...
Many people were in the shop so wait was a little while but not bad as it was nice and warm a fellow
book bargainer mentioned such to me as she came to wait beside me.
The people waiting were of mixed creeds races and likely religion an eclectic bunch it was nice...
On my walk home passed someone mowing a lawn someone running with drinking tube in mouth, saw two old school cars in a row, the smell of licorice all sorts filled the air making me crave such before I walked into a thick wall of smoke from someone burning rubbish in their yard.
I made it home before Cullen did turned heater on and sat down to catch up online...
I missed someone special online, I managed to get a request list off and do this post...
If I was slowed down for a reason I am unsure as to what this might be...

It may just be that the glass fell off the bench...

Related Story:

Synchronicity and the Hedgehog





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you!